If you have made the decision to hire local Dallas property managers to take care of your rental properties, then the next decision you will have to make is who you are going to hire. There are hundreds of real estate management professionals in Dallas, which can make this decision quite difficult to make. However, if you know have an idea of what you’re looking for, before you start looking, the search will go smoother.
So, what exactly do you want in local Dallas property managers? Only you can answer that question, but it will help if you know what your personal style is. For example, are you more laid back and relaxed or are you more out-going and professional? Finding a management team that matches your personal style is the best way to go because you will find it easier to communicate with your management team, which is essential for owners and property managers.
Once you’ve determined your personal style, you should be able to narrow down the list of area firms by eliminating those who do not match this style. The next step is to begin interviewing various managers from different firms. During your interviews with these professionals you should ask the following questions:
- How many years of experience do you have?
- Which do you handle more: residential or commercial properties?
- What advertising methods do you use?
- Will you personally show the properties and screen potential tenants?
- As far as maintenance goes, how will you keep my costs down?
- Do you offer any accounting services?
- What is your protocol for handling emergencies?
- How much liability insurance do you have?
- What are your fees and do you have any hidden fees?
The questions above will give you a good feel for each of the local Dallas property managers that you interview and should help you make your final decision. The most important thing to remember as you look for a property management team is to stay true to yourself. Hire the professionals that have taken the time to thoroughly answer your questions and who you feel the most comfortable with.